Position Title: Administration Assistant
Supervisor: Human Resources and Administration Officer
Department: Human Resources and Administration
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in handling the General Reception, Administrative and Logistic activities of the National Office. This will include managing the front office, making hotel reservations and bookings, monitoring and initiating payments for utility bills, and other administrative activities based on the HFH-Uganda Policies and Procedures.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Effectively run the front office including answering phone calls, receiving visitors and answering client queries, and maintaining office stationery levels.
- Take charge of internal /external mails, record all outgoing mails and receive all in coming mails, distribute to respective officers also assume the responsibility of sending /dispatch outgoing mails and receive incoming mails
- Liaise with respective departmental heads or project managers to ensure staff/visitors are allocated office space, furniture and equipment to work comfortably.
- Manage the Administration office equipment i.e. Scanner. Photocopier etc. Scan documents, file and perform any related tasks as may be required.
- Maintain a proper filing system for all official correspondences
- Liaise with the Procurement & Logistics Officer to ensure Proper Inventory Management System and Maintain up to date inventory Ensure all new staffs sign inventory asset allocation forms for equipments/furniture in their possession and maintain file copy.
- Provide administrative support to the HR and Administration Office
- Ensure facility management of the National office and initiate management repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Ensure constant stock of all office supplies including stationery, newspapers etc.
Events Planning and Management
- Ensure Hotel bookings/Reservations is done promptly and well-coordinated for Staff and any other approved HFHU Visitors on official travel and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups/drop off.
- Ensure proper arrangements for Workshops/Trainings/Meetings
- Provide logistical support for workshops and trainings.
- Ensure that training venues are properly set up and well-coordinated.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is properly set up prior to workshop or meeting.
- Ensure Monthly tracking of utility bills (telephones/water/electricity/garbage) and ensure that previous payments are offset prior to processing of current payments.
- Ensure timely settlement of bills after all necessary
- Ensure telephone bills are properly tracked on a monthly basis for submission to accounts for billing and payment recovery.
- Follow up any utility related issues at the office with service providers.
- Ensure that after work all office windows and doors are locked and security lights are on.
- Report any security incidents to the administration the HR & Administration Officer
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor, commensurate with the position level in the organization.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Office Assistant
Internal working Relations: Finance, Programs, HR and Administration
External working relations: Service Station Personnel and Management, visitors, Contractors and service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration Social sciences/Business Administration, or its equivalent.
- At least two years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably with an international NGO
- Proven ability and ownership of managing results from end to end with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work with and be a part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and analytical skills. Ability to apply creative thinking to practical problem solving with an aim of improving service delivery. Willing to put in extra time where required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strong planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills as well as team building and negotiation skills
- Confidentiality, and discretion when dealing with people and issues.
- Solid understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, experience in E-mail and communication an advantage.
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- High level of professional people management and customer care skills.
- Skills in information management and record keeping
- Ability to learn fast and to work under pressure
To apply for this position, applicants should submit copies of: Cover letter and CV ONLY as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 31st May 2022, at 5:00pm.
Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line
“Safeguarding: HFH requires that all employees/stakeholders take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding all intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom HFH works. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.”