Job Title: Office Assistant-Maternity Cover
Department: Human Resources & Administration
Reports To: HR/Admin Officer
Candidate will perform cleaning and related services to ensure clean and pleasant working environment adhering to strict hygiene standards to safeguard the health and safety of individuals. You will provide some routine administrative support services and will contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
- Clean all office facilities, including Towels, washrooms, windows, tables and office premises, and dispose of waste per established schedules
- Replace toiletries and other needed materials in a timely manner. Report on need for stock replenishment, including for cleaning materials and tools.
- Monitor and report on the need for provision of drinking water and refill the water dispenser.
- Take proper care of equipment and facilities while cleaning and utilize cleaning materials economically to ensure resources are used in a proper and accountable manner.
- Boiling water for tea/coffee for all staff and ensuring that cups and glasses are well arranged and clean always
- Inspect regularly and report on any equipment and utilities malfunctioning, as well as on facilities maintenance and repair needs. Monitor and report on maintenance and repair work progress.
- Prepare and submit timely accountabilities for breakfast at all times
- Provide support in various administrative activities, including but not limited to: photocopying, filing, mail routing, inventory physical count, etc.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
‘O’ Level Education or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Practical experience in customer care
- Strong understanding of storekeeping
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Well-organized with ability to follow oral instructions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Good oral communication skills
- Good Command in English
- Key Working Relationships:
“Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees/stakeholders take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.”