Position Title: Driver
Supervisor: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Contract Type: Fulltime (2 Years renewable based on performance & availability of Funds)
Location: Kampala, Uganda (with up to 60% travel to the field)
As the Driver, you will be responsible for driving vehicles to support program implementation and general operations. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining a fleet of vehicles in accordance with HFHU regulations.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
Transportation & Safety
- Transport HFHU staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure safety of passengers & luggage at all times.
- Observe speed limits and all HFHU travel guidelines.
- Ensure use of seat belts at all times.
- Maintain vehicles allocated in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensure washing & general cleaning of vehicles is maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled and serviced promptly.
- Report any faults/breakdowns & accidents immediately to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure First Aid Kits are complete and spare & tools are in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicle tools are always kept in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that all vehicles have log sheets and pens.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded.
- Ensure fuel fill ups entry is made in the log sheet timely.
- Ensure vehicle request forms are filled and submitted for travel allocation to the Procurement and Logistics Officers.
- Submit all vehicle log sheets on a monthly basis to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure to check vehicle on daily basis and submit check list report to Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Submit field trip report after every trip to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Submit vehicle repair reports to the Procurement and Logistics Officer every time before and after repairs
- Running other office errands
Check on vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance
- Ensure that vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance is valid.
- Inform Procurement and Logistics Officer 3 weeks in advance of renewals.
- Perform minor repairs as required and recommend major cases to the garage.
- Road test and certify all vehicles from the garages.
Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- O’ Level Education or equivalent
- Clean class B and/or DM Driver’s licence;
- Valid Defensive Driver’s certificate,
- At least 3 years’ class B and/or DM driving proven experience;
- At least two years of NGO experience is required.
- At least two year’s relevant experience in the field
- Ability to work with a team of multicultural backgrounds
- Strong understanding of vehicle mechanics, maintenance and management
- No criminal record
· Open and willing to learn
· Honest and ethical
· Experience in customer care
· Well organized with ability to follow oral instructions
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Great command of the English language
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All Staff
External: Visitors, Suppliers, Various Stakeholders
How to apply
To apply for this position, applicants should submit copies of: Cover letter and CV ONLY as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 31st May 2022, at 5:00pm.
Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line
“Safeguarding: HFH requires that all employees/stakeholders take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding all intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom HFH works. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.”