HFHU is inviting interested and experienced multimedia /PR/ marketing firms to support its fundraising efforts to raise USD 300,000 to support the construction of 40 new houses for vulnerable families in Uganda. These funds will be used to construct 40 homes or vulnerable families that include widows, widowers, elderly, orphans, and vulnerable children in dire need of shelter; thereby strengthening their resilience, stability, and self-reliance. The homes constructed will come complete with a 3,000-litre rain water harvesting tank, a ventilation improved pit latrine with a shower stall. One youth from each of these families will also be enrolled for certified Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT) vocational skills training.
About Habitat for Humanity Uganda
Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU) is affiliated to Habitat for Humanity International, which was established in 1976 and is a leading housing organization impacting nearly 40 million people in 70 countries across the world. Since the inception of Habitat for Humanity in Uganda in 1982, HFHU has built and improved over 40,000 houses through four strategic program interventions: – Vulnerable Group Housing; Housing Microfinance; Market Systems Development; and Urbanization thus transforming the lives of over 240,000 vulnerable individuals in Uganda.
In 2022, HFHU has made 40 years of existence in Uganda and would now like to commemorate this very important milestone.
The primary goal of commemorating HFHU 40th anniversary is to celebrate the collective impact and milestones of the Ministry in Uganda.
The Specific Objectives:
- To highlight the transformational impact of housing as a basic human right, a cornerstone for public health, a springboard for achieving vision 2040, National Development Plan III as well as the sustainable development agenda.
- To highlight the plight of poverty housing in the country and call to action different stakeholders to support the expansion of housing both at policy and practice.
- To inspire action against poverty housing by fundraising for 40 new houses (of vulnerable families) and celebrating the completion and handover of at least 100 new houses.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MEDIA FIRM
The media firm will act as the provider of the fundraising drive support services, communications, marketing services, and events management to Habitat for Humanity Uganda @ 40. The consultant/firm will be working closely with the Habitat for Humanity Uganda team especially the Resource Development and Donor Engagement Specialist for the fundraising drive and the communications team for the development and preparation of communications materials ahead of the event and handling media relations before and on the day of the event.
The following tasks are expected from the consultant:
- Prepare a media advisory plan that will guide the visibility and media management for the event including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics.
- Conducting thorough research about several aspects to provide important findings of the trends, preferences of the target audience, and other relevant information. This will help to realize what works.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Developing advertisements that are consumed by the target audience across different media platforms for different activities including fundraising.
- Prepare press materials such as press kits with information on speakers, programs, fact sheets from the studies on Habitat’s work and the housing sector in Uganda.
- Invite media to the event and handle media relations before and during the event. Prepare interviews with support from the HFH Team, analyze the background of different participants and speakers to be interviewed, send out press invitations, and follow up on invitations.
- Supporting HFHU’s public relations to create and maintain a favourable image of the brand.
- Social media campaign for commemoration activities including fundraising activities.
- Produce brand and visibility signage for the event. Banners, teardrops, E- Posters for social media, etc.
- Organize high-quality photos of participants, organizers, and key-note speakers during the events and make selected photos available for media requests.
- Organize audio-video footage of the commemoration activities and their proceedings.
- And any other tasks as may be required and agreed upon.
Fundraising and Resource mobilization through multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and realize an innovative strategy/plan towards the fundraising of 40 homes identifying potential private sector partnerships and sponsors to support the fundraising drive
- Advise on the proper marketing strategies and channels for the anniversary celebrations
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitate other fundraising efforts at the fundraising event including pledges, raffles, and Auctions among others where possible
- Work with Habitat’s key partners like the Buganda Kingdom to mobilize their partners to support the fundraising drive.
- Smooth logistical preparation and execution of the event by working hand in hand with the Habitat for Humanity team
- Compile confirmed registration list of participants, speakers, support staff, event management team, ushers, etc ;
- Prepare, send out, and confirm invitations before the event; Send out Invitations to ALL confirmed participants, including partners, speakers, facilitators, etc.; and follow up on invitations -via telephone, email, fax
- Support in the Coordination of suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Provide a Detailed Plan for the sale of tables and individual tickets for the dinner.
- Plan for follow-up on all invitees for the dinner including an updated register of all guests invited.
- To develop and share weekly an updated list of all confirmed partners and participants for the fundraising dinner.
- In collaboration with the Habitat team develop an events coordination plan that ensures harmonized coordination between HFHU and her partnerships including service providers for the event.
- Identify and liaise with the Master of Ceremonies to explore and guide the HFHU team in creative fundraising activities during the dinner; including among others raffle draws and auctions.
Desired skills and competence:
- Previous experience in handling similar events
- Organizational capacity to conduct the assignment
Ownership & Copyright
All information about this assignment (documentary and project documents) to which the Consultancy firm may meet in the performance of his/her, duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of the HFHU who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the Client in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
Timeline and conditions
The contract for the assignment will run until the end of October 2022. The technical and financial proposals must be submitted by email to:
Habitat for Humanity Uganda
P.O Box 9873 Kampala
Plot 91 Kira road Kamwokya, Kampala.
Telephone: +256414501457/ +256392760802
Fax: +256 414 501 458
All proposals are expected to be submitted by 30th March 2022 at 15:00hrs local time to the above-mentioned email address.
1. Habitat for Humanity Uganda reserves the right to accept any proposals or reject all proposals.
2. Technical review will precede the financial.
3. All forms of canvassing will lead to the automatic cancellation of the proposal in question.