Position Title: IT Support Officer
Supervisor: Finance Manager
Contract Type: Fulltime (2Years renewable based on performance & availability of Funds)
Location: Kampala (with routine field support visits)
The role of this position is to provide overall IT support to the National Office. In addition, contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and forms for ICT and ensure that they are consistently applied.
- Support in management and maintenance of HFHU ICT infrastructure including LANs and WANs, Wi-Fi, networks, computers, laptops and servers across the organization.
- Provide support in the design of an effective ICT for the organization following trends in the industry.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to ICT policies and procedures.
- Execute the operational plans for the ICT systems and manage inventory of all assets.
- Ensure user access to applications and systems and resolve network failures in a timely manner.
- Provide first level support to users for IT related problems, record all incidents and follow them up to resolution.
- Review applications in conjunction with users to determine enhancements or new systems.
- Monitor the services provided by external suppliers in liaison with the Procurement & Logistics Assistant to ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained as per agreed standards.
- Manage the formalized training program for all users with the aim of raising skills standards and awareness in the use of ICT applications.
- Prepare periodic reports in line with the organization’s reporting guidelines to management.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
- Must hold at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, or Computer Science
- At least a minimum of two years’ working experience in a reputable organization.
- Should have an industry Certification from either CISCO, Microsoft, or Oracle.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with Office365 with specific skills in SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Networking design and operations principles, system integration requirements and procedures
- Knowledge on Installation, configuration and troubleshooting for operating systems, computer office suites, e-mail and inter/intranet.
- Knowledgeable in website management.
- Virus protection software and identifying, addressing and removing viruses.
- Should be result-oriented, self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity and demonstrate team work
To apply for this position, applicants should submit copies of: Cover letter and CV ONLY as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 31st May 2022, at 5:00pm.
Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line
“Safeguarding: HFH requires that all employees/stakeholders take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding all intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom HFH works. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.”