Program Support Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit housing organization working to empower people in the world’s poorest communities to overcome the chronic lack of decent housing. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is part of over 75 National Offices globally having been established in Uganda in 1982. Since then, we have built over 40,000 homes impacting over 240,000 people across the country. Being an equal opportunity employer, we seek to employ and assign the best-qualified personnel to all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
We are currently seeking a suitably qualified, self-driven volunteer to support its various programs at the National Office and also at all field offices as a Programs Support Volunteer. You shall be joining a vibrant dynamic team of dedicated, passionate professionals.
Job title: Program Support Volunteer
Duty Station: Kampala-with regular travels across program areas
Job purpose: To provide all-around support for the effective operation of HFHU programs at both the National Office and field areas.
Summary of Roles:
- Receiving, organizing/ filing, printing, binding, dispatching, and photocopying contract documents and other program-related documents.
- Ensure all Program files are kept up to date and the database reflects the latest file details for easier retrieval of information, including electronic files.
- Perform data entry roles for the program department including assisting in carrying out information-gathering exercises, and assessments that may be required in the program department.
- Assist in the gathering, compilation, and submission of data required for program evaluation and grant reporting under multiple contracts, and also during audits
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental reports.
Onsite support supervision
- Participate in build events.
- Participate in joint field inspections, assessments, and beneficiary selection & identification.
- Support in supervision of construction works as assigned by the supervisor or designate to ensure qualitative work
- Support in monitoring the progress of construction work
- Prepare and submit payment requisitions for the program department.
- Ensure all the relevant documentation is availed to finance for payment processing.
- Make follow-up with the finance department to ensure that payments are made on time.
- Support the Program team in coordinating routine operations.
- Assist in Coordinating meetings, training workshops, and other events held by the program department. This will entail organizing logistics, preparing budgets and materials, making appropriate communications, and taking minutes accordingly.
- Communication: Timely communication to the contractors as advised by the department head. Make communication to field staff as requested.
- Ensure adequate supplies for the program Department, especially stationery
- Identify and participate in events enhancing the Organization’s activism profile and connection with the community.
- In liaison with the administration and procurement, ensure communication materials are procured on time e.g., brochures, banners, calendars, file folders, etc.
- Follow up on field motorcycle servicing and ensure timely submission of the service reports by the program staff.
- Assist other departments in administration-related activities.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
A diploma/bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Construction/ Civil Engineering, Project Planning, and any related field
Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple duties and tasks
Ability to respond to urgent requests for information or services
Computer literate: MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook abilities are required
Excellent Communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their cover letters, copies of professional qualifications, and updated CVs including three referees to the email: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2023.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible