Position : Graduate Intern Low cost Floor Product
Supervisor: Branch Supervisor
Deparmtent: Housing Micro -finance
Job Purpose: The main purpose of this job is promote, market and follow up on Earth Enable’s low cost floor product in the operational area of Jinja District.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintaining an average loan portfolio of not less than 100 active clients.
- Maintain a repayment rate of not less than 100%.
- Maintain at a Portfolio at Risk (PAR) greater than 30 days past due of 0%.
- Supervise and conduct training sessions for Potential and Active clients: Sensitization Meetings and Financial literacy trainings.
- Maintain a monthly Portfolio Growth (in terms of clients) of not less than 10%.
- Monitor their performance of disbursed loans.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate in awareness seminars on services and products offered by Earth Enable Uganda.
- Assisting credit applicants or borrowers during the application process.
- Liaising with local leaders in the respective localities with a view to identify, assess, appraise and approve loan applicants.
- Assessing the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and advising management accordingly.
- Participate in the credit committee meetings at the branch.
- Follow-up loan applications referred to the National Office for Approval.
- Timely disbursement of credit facilities.
- Ensuring timely recovery of loan installments and interest thereof from borrowers.
- Participate in the compilation of loans to be submitted to the National Office on a routine basis.
- Assisting the Branch Supervisor in determining bad debts, if any, and the compilation of returns thereof to the National Office.
- Ensuring proper handling of organizational assets (Funds, Computers, Motor-cycles, and Cameras, etc) attached to the branch to facilitate credit operations.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of client documentation by maintaining an adequate filing system.
- Carrying out any other duties assigned to him/her by the Branch Supervisor
Internal and External working relations
- Internal: Branch Supervisor, HMF Program Manager, HMF Program Staff, Market Systems Manager, other HFHU program and Finance staff.
- External: Earth Enable, Clients
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
- Minimum of Diploma in the disciplines of economics, microfinance, business administration, or banking and finance.
- Willing to uphold Christian Principles at HFHU
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel and point power
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
- High level of integrity combined with ability to make bold and timely decisions
- Highly pro-active and self-disciplined.
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of the local languages.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle will be an added advantage.
Start Date: Likely starting date: As soon as possible
Hours: 8 hours a day; Monday to Friday
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to email@example.com
Deadline: 18th April 2018
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national, origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.