|Position Title:||HOUSING FINANCE SYSTEMS MANAGER|
|Supervisor:||TCIS GLOBAL ADVISORY LEAD|
The candidate will be responsible for delivering advisory services on housing finance to partner financial institutions under the Global Advisory Lead of the Terwilliger Center’s direct supervision.
- Lead delivery of critical components of advisory services, including conducting demand and supply analysis, market research, portfolio review, design and deliver capacity-building workshops, product launch, policy, procedure design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Develop into a subject matter expert on housing and financial inclusion for the Africa region, having a priority focus on Uganda.
- Manage client relationships and ensure that agreed services deliver the highest quality in the agreed timeframe and budget.
- Lead design of housing finance strategy for Uganda, aligned with the global approach for Housing Finance Systems strategy of Habitat’s Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter.
- Build relationships and partner pipeline for expansion of housing within Uganda and Africa’s finance and housing ecosystem.
- Play the role of facilitator and convener for various housing finance-related activities.
- Applying an innovative approach using Human-Centered Design methodology, and willing to explore global best practices on housing and financial inclusion.
- Having the ability to convert ideas into action by onboarding internal and external stakeholders
- Lead various resource mobilization initiatives, including donor coordination and proposal development.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- The suitable candidate must hold a Graduate Degree in Marketing, Finance, and or Development studies.
- Over 10 years of experience working in the financial sector in the role of practitioner and/or advisor.
- Understanding of housing issues in Uganda, particularly in relation to health & development. Technical knowledge in specific housing sectors an asset.
- Proven track record of project management, product design and execution.
- International experience, ideally in different countries across Africa.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent English language skills (written, reading and spoken) and highly competent presentation skills.
- Ability to speak in more than one local dialect in the African context.
- Ability to implement the vision, think strategically and solve problems creatively, exercise good judgement, champion positive change, prioritize workload and worth with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of MS Office applications, spreadsheets, database programs, and statistical software packages.
- The candidate should have the ability to prevent and respond to harm caused by physical or sexual abuse or exploitation, harassment, or bullying of the people in the communities we serve (especially vulnerable adults and children) and also the people with whom we work or partner with.
- The candidate should be mature, with a stable personality, and the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and should align with the core Christian ethos of the organization.
- Ugandan Nationals preferred.
“Safeguarding: Habitat for Humanity requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, gender, tribal or ethnic group, political affiliate, creed or other.
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Department and submitted before close of business on Friday, 9th April 2021 to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position applied for should be indicated clearly in the subject line.