Position Title: Grants and Compliance Officer
Supervisor: Deputy National Director-Operations
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Kampala-National Office
Reporting to the Deputy National Director-Operations, the Grants & Compliance Officer will be responsible for donor reporting, coordination and ensuring compliance with HFHU and Donor rules and regulations, in particular donor and management reports. The Grants and Compliance Officer will be responsible for coordinating the donor quarterly financial assessments.
Key result areas:
1. Monitor partner budgets and expenses on a monthly basis and compare actual expenditure against cash forecast to ensure adequate cash holding partner level.
2. Develop a monitoring tool for all grant advances and manage liquidity in order to ensure the availability of funds and continuity of grant activities.
3. Prepare the required grant and management reports.
4. Liaise with the Deputy National Director-Operations to ensure compliance with donor requirements for Grant financial reporting.
5. Liaise with the program staff to ensure project closeout procedures are properly applied in a timely manner in order to limit financial losses to all parties.
6. Support all program audits both internal and external.
7. Serve as the partner point of contact on grant management and compliance issues.
8. Assist with preparation of standard grant agreements for all projects
9. Ensure the maintenance of all files, records and documents relating to the Projects.
10. Convene monthly grant review meetings with program staff.
11. Ensure that advances to field staff are liquidated in a timely manner.
12. Review grant accountabilities on a monthly basis.
13. Regularly visit the field sites to monitor the performance of the grants
14. Coordinate the development and implementation of the grant management capacity building activities
Any other reasonable duties as relates to the interests and operations of Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Internal/ External Working Responsibilities:
Internal: National Director, Deputy National Director-Operations, and VGH Manager.
External: Partners, Contractors and Donors.
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
• Minimum undergraduate Degree and/or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies, Auditing or related field
• At least three years post qualification experience in a similar role in a busy NGO environment
• Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors
• Ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff
• Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools
• Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting
• Computer Literacy with Competency in MS word, MS Excel and Accounting packages. Knowledge of SUN6 Accounting software will be an added advantage.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
• Strong planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills as well as team building and negotiation skills.
• High level of integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
• High level of professional people management and customer care skills.
Start Date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 28th February 2020
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, nationality, origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as inflexible specifications as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievement of the responsibilities in accordance with the performance review process.