The Assistant Accountant supports HFHU to operate efficently & effecively. Functionally this requires timely and accurate data entry to ensure timely preparation of financial statements.The Assistant Accountant is also responsible for the cash management function to support the organization’s operations
Key Results Areas
Data processing to support Financial Reporting
- Responsible for timely and accurate Branch and National office reports
- Reviews reports for accuracy using a branch Report Checklist.
- Reviews source documents of accountability for reasonableness and authenticity.
- Make corrections on reports as necessary and communicates changes to the branch Accounts Assistant.
- Assists branch staff in correcting reporting errors and solving problems in financial reporting
- Reviews loan disbursement and repayment data
- Responsible for entering data into computerized accounting software.
- Enters reviewed branch data into SUN system
- Enters other financial data into Sun systems
- Assists in the timely and accurate submission of HFHU reports to HFHI.
- Assists in monthly bank and balance sheet items reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Responsible for management of National Office Petty Cash :
- Disburses National Office petty cash according to approved requests and cash handling controls.
- The Assistant Accountant will receipt all monies received at the National Office and bank them.
- Reviews accountabilities for the petty cash advances.
- Maintain reasonable cash balances and ensure replenishment of the approved petty cash float
- Prepares payment vouchers and related work
- Prepares payment vouchers for all the approved requests.
- Responsible for withdrawing cash and depositing all HFH Uganda cash and check receipts.
- Responsible for making payments to suppliers and others parties and ensuring proper acknowledgement is received from them.
- Supports both the internal and External Audit Processes by providing required documents and information.
- Ensures that the finance printed stationary is in stock and requested finance books are disbursed in a timely manner
- Tracks the stock of finance printed and other stationery items
Any other reasonable duties as relates to the interests and operations of Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Internal/ External Working Responsibilities: Finance staff and Administration staff, Partners, Field staff, Contractors and Vendors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Qualifications, Experience & Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Studies with a specialization in Accounting.
- At least three years post qualification experience in a busy finance environment.
- Computer Literacy with Competency in MS word, MS Excel and SUN Accounting software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Strong planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills as well as team building and negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- High level of professional people management and customer care skills.
|Note: This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievement of the responsibilities in accordance with the performance review process.|
|Date of issue: December 2019|
Start Date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to email@example.com
Deadline: 13th December 2019
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national, origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.