Position Title: Credit Officer
Supervisor: Branch Supervisor
Department: Housing Microfinance
Job Purpose: The main purpose of this job is guiding, coordinating and carrying out credit and related activities at the branch.
Key Result Areas:
1. Maintaining an average loan portfolio of not less than 200 active clients.
2. Maintain a repayment rate of not less than 95% for clients less than 30 days past due.
3. Maintain at a Portfolio at Risk (PAR) greater than 30 days past due of not more than 5%.
4. Maintain a Loan Use Verification rate of at least not less than 95% per Quarter.
5. Supervise and conduct training sessions for Potential and Active clients: Sensitization Meetings and Financial literacy trainings.
6. Maintain a Quarterly Portfolio Growth (in terms of clients) of not less than 5%.
7. Maintain an average outstanding loan portfolio of at least not less than UGX.250 Million.
8. Disburse loans and monitor their performance.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Arranging and organizing awareness seminars on services and products offered by Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
• Carrying out training programs using prescribed modules of interest to the clients.
• Assisting credit applicants or borrowers during the application process.
• Liaising with local leaders in the respective localities with a view to identify, assess, appraise and approve loan applicants.
• Assessing the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and advising management accordingly.
• Participate in the credit committee meetings at the branch.
• Follow-up loan applications referred to the National Office for Approval.
• Timely disbursement of credit facilities.
• Supervise loan beneficiary projects during the loan term to ensure proper use.
• Ensuring timely recovery of loan instalments and interest thereof from borrowers.
• Participate in the compilation of loans and Financial Education reports to be submitted to the National Office on a routine basis.
• Assisting the Branch Supervisor in determining bad debts, if any, and the compilation of returns thereof to the National Office.
• Ensuring proper handling of organizational assets (Funds, Computers, Motor-cycles, and Cameras, etc) attached to the branch to facilitate credit operations.
• Ensure proper record keeping and safety of client documentation by maintaining an adequate filing system.
• Carrying out any other duties assigned to him/her by the Branch Supervisor
Internal and External working relations
• Internal: Branch Supervisor, HMF Program Manager, HMF Program Staff, other HFHU program and Finance staff,
• External: Partners, Clients
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
• Minimum requirement: Diploma in the disciplines of microfinance, economics, business administration, or banking and finance.
• Specialized knowledge of and experience with savings-led microfinance delivery methodologies.
• Minimum 3 years working for a non-governmental organization or a reputable Microfinance Institution preferred.
• Willing to uphold Christian Principles at HFHU
• Prior experience in some aspect of project cycle management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
• Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel and point power
• Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
• High level of integrity combined with ability to make bold and timely decisions
• Highly pro-active and self-disciplined.
• Willingness to travel.
• Knowledge of the local languages.
• Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid permit is a must
Applicants should Send CV, cover letter and relevant academic documentation by email to the Human Resource Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00 pm by Friday 2nd August 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification