Habitat for Humanity, Uganda
Position Title: Accounts Assistant
Supervisor: Branch Supervisor
Department: Housing Microfinance, HMF
Update all accounts records and transactions according to the accounting regulations and manage and maintain the front office.
• Post bank and cash transactions into finance solutions Loan tracking software.
• Ensuring that all branch organizational and Clients’ accounts records are up-to-date and are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and organization policies and procedures
• Ensuring timely and accurate preparation and submission of mandatory reports to the Branch Supervisor and National Office.
• Carrying out banking operations, maintaining petty cash imprest system and regular reconciliation of all bank accounts and petty cash.
• Providing support in internal and external audit exercises of the branch operations.
• Making regular backups of finance solutions software generated transactions and other important documents.
• Manage branch documentation and record keeping, in an orderly, dependable and up-to-date accounts filing system.
• Spearhead good client relations and customer service at the Branch.
• Carrying out any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Abilities
• A degree from a recognized university in Accounting, Business Administration or its equivalent or a professional qualification in ACCA, CPA or its equivalent.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• At least three years’ experience in accounting work preferably in an international NGO or an MFI.
• Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems is a must
• Excellent reporting and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Highest level of integrity and ability to make bold and timely decision
Branch Supervisor and all other staff at the Branch and National Office
Clients, Service Providers Vendors, Bank Officials,
Applicants should Send a CV, cover letter and relevant academic documentation by email to the Human Resource Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00 pm on Friday 2nd August 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.