Duty Station: Fort Portal
Accountability: Project Officer
Work Hours: Mon – Fri (8.00am – 5.00pm)
The Internship Programme aims to raise awareness of poverty housing in Uganda, and develop the talent to contribute to overcoming the related challenges. The Intern will provide broad program support in all areas of our operations in fort portal as required.
- Develop weekly activity plans.
- Write weekly activity reports.
Compiling Successes Stories:
- Capture & compile individual unique stories.
- Support the project officer write complete profiles for the Street Business School (SBS) participants.
- Support the project officer in translation during the trainings.
- Support home owners write wills & memory books.
- Support project officer register all the home owner helpers & updating the list as work progresses until completion.
- Support home owner mobilize water for construction.
- Register household complaints during constructions.
- Provide feedback during meetings.
- Participate in organisational events including Builds, Dedications & Graduations.
- Perform data entry roles for the project including assist in carrying out information gathering exercises, assessments that may be required in the program department.
- Identify and participate in events enhancing HFHU’s profile and connection with community.
- Assist in the gathering, compilation and submission of data required for program evaluation and grant reporting under the Dutch Post Lottery project.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, SWASA, Community Psychology and any other related field.
- Ability to prioritise and accomplish multiple duties and tasks
- Ability to respond to urgent requests for information or services
- Service Oriented
- Computer literate in MS Word, Ms Excel and Outlook required
- Excellent Communication skills
- Must be able to speak Rutoro or the language of the region
Start Date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd February 2019
Note: Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an equal opportunity employer however we encourage graduates that reside in Fort Portal to apply.