Clean Energy Programme Manager
Kampala with regular travel
The Clean Energy Programme Manager will lead the implementation & continuous development of initiatives aiming to improve & increase the use of clean energy at household level. Initially this will focus on the design & construction of a 5 MW Solar Power facility with corresponding micro-grid & distribution networks.
HFHU’s organisational values include Service, Teamwork, Stewardship, Continuous Improvement and Respect for Others.
- Oversee the tendering of Project Management & Engineering Works for the power facility (estimated at $5-6 Million USD)
- Manage contracts & service agreements with Engineers & Contractors
- Manage relationships with the Rural Electrification Agency & Energy Regulation Authority, including securing all required regulatory approvals
- Develop strong partnerships with District Local Governments to support implementation and advance a long term energy agenda
- Engage with consumers to identify household energy needs & identify opportunities for product delivery
- Engage with Financial Service Providers to develop products that enable clean energy uptake
- Engage with other market actors to improve products & services
- Support the development of additional, complementary initiatives related to household energy as needed
- Timely completion of all reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with all donor regulations
- Participation in the broader Senior Management Team of Habitat for Humanity Uganda
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the National Director
- Relevant Degree in Development or Engineering (Masters Preferred)
- Significant past experience managing multi-year programmes of similar size & complexity
- Demonstrated knowledge of Clean Energy & Electricity Distribution Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of participatory development principles, practices & standards combined with practical experience in implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of market based principles & approaches combined with practical experience in implementation
- Experience with Behaviour Change methodologies & strategies
- Ugandan Nationals preferred
Start Date: Immediate
Deadline: 15th February 2018, ‘Applications will be reviewed as they are received’.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter clearly articulating your motivation to apply, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, nation of origin, ethnicity, disability or any other characteristic as protected by law.
Position Title: Credit Officers
Supervisor: Branch Supervisor
Department: Housing Microfinance
The main purpose of this job is guiding, coordinating and carrying out credit and related activities in the branch.
Key Result Areas:
1. Maintaining an average loan portfolio of not less than 250 active clients.
2. Maintain a repayment rate of not less than 95%.
3. Maintain at a Portfolio at Risk (PAR) greater than 30 days past due of not more than 5%.
4. Maintain a Loan Use Verification rate of at least not less than 95% per Quarter.
5. Supervise and conduct training sessions for Potential and Active clients: Sensitization Meetings and Financial literacy trainings.
6. Maintain a Quarterly Portfolio Growth (in terms of clients) of not less than 5%.
7. Maintain an average outstanding loan portfolio of at least not less than UGX.250 Million.
8. Disburse loans and monitor their performance.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Arranging and organizing awareness seminars on services and products offered by Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
• Carrying out training programmes using prescribed modules of interest to the clients.
• Assisting credit applicants or borrowers during the application process.
• Liaising with local leaders in the respective localities with a view to identify, assess, appraise and approve loan applicants.
• Assessing the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and advising management accordingly.
• Participate in the credit committee meetings at the branch.
• Follow-up loan applications referred to the National Office for Approval.
• Timely disbursement of credit facilities.
• Supervise loan beneficiary projects during the loan term to ensure proper use.
• Ensuring timely recovery of loan installments and interest thereof from borrowers.
• Assisting the Branch Supervisor in determining bad debts, if any, and the compilation of returns thereof to the National Office.
• Ensuring proper handling of organizational assets (Funds, Computers, Motor-cycles, and Cameras, etc) attached to the branch to facilitate credit operations.
• Ensure proper record keeping and safety of client documentation by maintaining an adequate filing system.
• Carrying out any other duties assigned to him/her by the Branch Supervisor
Internal and External working relations
• Internal: Branch Supervisor, HMF Program Manager, HMF Program Staff, other HFHU program and Finance staff,
• External: Partners, Clients
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in the disciplines of economics, microfinance, business administration, or banking and finance.
• Specialized knowledge of and experience with microfinance delivery methodologies.
• Minimum 3 years working for a non-governmental organization or a reputable Microfinance Institution preferred.
• Willing to uphold Christian Principles at HFHU
• Prior experience in some aspect of project cycle management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
• Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel and point power
• Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
• High level of integrity combined with ability to make bold and timely decisions
• Highly pro-active and self-disciplined.
• Willingness to travel.
• Knowledge of the local languages.
• Ability to ride a motor cycle
Start Date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to email@example.com
Deadline: 12th January 2018
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national, origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.